How to avoid real estate scams in Nigeria || Riel Homes
Real estate scams have become quite common in Nigeria, and it’s important to know how to protect yourself against them. Here are some tips on how to escape real estate scams in Nigeria:
1. Do Your Research: Before buying or renting a property, conduct thorough research about the property and the real estate agent or company. Check the company’s online presence, reviews and ratings also successful transactions.
2. Visit the Property in Person: Never make a purchase or pay for a property that you haven’t seen in person. Scammers often lure people in with photos and descriptions of a property that doesn’t exist, or is not as advertised.
3, Verify Property Ownership: Verify that the person or company selling or renting the property is the legal owner of the property. You can do this by requesting for the original title deed and conducting a search at the land registry office.
4. Use Reputable Agents and Companies: Only work with reputable real estate agents or companies that have a track record of successful transactions. Ask for referrals from friends, family, and colleagues and research the agent or company’s history and reviews. an example of real estate company you can trust is RIEL HOMES
5. Avoid Payment Before Seeing Property: Do not pay any money for a property you haven’t seen in person or without conducting due diligence on the property and the seller. It’s always best to make payments after you have inspected the property and verified ownership.
6. Get Legal Advice: Engage the services of a real estate lawyer to ensure all contracts and agreements are legally binding and protect your interests. A lawyer can help you identify potential red flags and ensure that you are making a sound investment.
By following these tips, you can protect yourself from falling victim to real estate scams in Nigeria. Always be vigilant, do your due diligence, and seek expert advice to avoid any fraudulent real estate transactions.